New this week:
– Wednesday, June 16: Tie-Dye & Ice Cream Party from 5-6:30pm
– Upper Division Night Practice has been moved a half hour to 7:30-8:30pm (Tue/Thur)
– Saturday, June 19th: Dual Meet against Wheatridge
Tie-Dye & Ice Cream Party:
Join us on Wednesday 6/16 @ 5:00pm for some creative team spirited fun. We will be selling our white Gator t-shirts and tank tops for $5 and the whole family is welcome to join in to tie-dye their gear. We re low on certain sizes, so be aware that we might sell out of your size. We will have expert creative consultants onsite to help out. Ice cream will be served around 6:00pm. You are also welcome to bring your own shirt, shorts or tank to dye. You’ll want to make sure that your item is cotton or it won’t dy. You do not have to buy our gear in order to participate.
Note: this is NOT a pool party. We will only be using the grounds of the swim club for our creative fun, but please do not plan to swim. (The pool will not be staffed up to handle that).
Saturday’s Meet: We are scheduled to swim against Wheatridge at the Anderson Pool. Warm up will be at 6:30 am with a start time of 7:00 am. Swimmers can sign up for races at the pool and parents can sign up to volunteer by using the link under “Parent Volunteers”. We only need timers and officials for away meets. We hope to see you at the Anderson Pool.
Swimmer Folders: Each family has a swimmer folder that will have ribbons from the meets or any other small items that we want to pass on to the families. Many Gator families still have items from 2019 to pick up. Please check your folders this week. The coaches will put the swimmer folder box out at practice.
Photos: If you are interested, you can like us on Facebook and see photos from our meets, as well as see some team updates.
Team Awards: We wanted to remind our families and swimmers about two special awards that can be earned with the Gators. The Iron Gator and the Golden Gator award. In order to be an Iron Gator, you must swim in every event in your age division and receive a time (not DQ). If you want to be a Golden Gator, you’ll need to earn a State time in every event in your age division. For some swimmers, this is a great way to challenge yourself throughout the swim season.
Upcoming Events of Note…
– Wednesday 6/30: Team Pictures & Pancake Breakfast from 7:30-9:30 am
– Saturday 7/3: BYE weekend – No Meet
– Sunday 7/11: Last Chance Meet (for those swimmers with “B” times that are trying to make League, they get one last shot to swim fast.
– Friday 7/16-Sunday 7/18: League Championships — we are still trying to find a pool to host League. Currently the Gators are scheduled to host the Upper Division 400s on Friday 7/16. Golden is trying to get the city to agree to 1 day of League and Wheatridge is trying to get the other day. Nothing has been confirmed. Please know that our entire FSA League is working hard behind the scenes to make this happen. The current plan is to have the 400s on Friday / Lower Division only (12 and under) on Saturday / Upper Division only (13 and older) on Sunday.
– State Meet: This is still TBD. The current rumor is the Ken Caryl is trying to get approval to host State, but nothing has been confirmed.