We are getting very close to our League meet! I hope all the swimmers are getting super excited to swim fast this weekend! I have a lot of information for you regarding this weekend, so please read this entire post.
- Friday Events 1-6 (400s): The 400s will be held tomorrow afternoon. Swimmers in these events should show up to practice tomorrow morning around 7:30am for a nice long warm up and some pace work. It is extremely important for the 400 swimmers to come to practice tomorrow so we don’t have to do as much warm up at the meet in the afternoon. Warm ups for the 400s will begin at 4:15pm tomorrow, with the meet starting at 5pm. The 400s will be at the Stingrays’ pool.
- Saturday (Events 7-64) and Sunday (Events 65-110)–ANDERSON POOL: On Saturday and Sunday, Green Mountain will only have 4 lanes for warm up at Anderson Pool. Since we have 97 swimmers going to the meet, the coaches have decided to split up the warm-ups
- Upper Division (Ages 13&Up) will warm up at GMSC on Saturday and Sunday with Jaimie from 6:15-6:45am. We will then head over to Anderson and arrive well before the meet starts at 8:00am. There will be sprint lanes available from 7:40am-7:45am at Anderson so we can do some starts once we get there.
- Lower Division (Ages 12&Under) will warm up at ANDERSON with Porter from 6:00-6:20am.
- It is EXTREMELY important for the swimmers to attend warm up for this meet. I know it can be tempting to sleep in since warm ups are so early, but warm up is very important for swimmers…Not only does it wake them up, it helps get their muscles ready for racing, it allows them time to practice starts on unfamiliar blocks, it allows them to check their stroke counts and practice turns in a different pool, and most importantly, it lets us know you’re at the pool which saves Coach Jaimie from having a heart attack because someone is missing.
- Relays are going to be crucial for us this weekend, and it would be a huge bummer for the entire team if someone misses a relay because they are late due to road construction, traffic, etc. Please come to warm up!
- Parking: The parking lot closest to the pool is reserved for coaches. There will be plenty of parking in the surrounding areas, but plan ahead and get there as early as possible to avoid walking several blocks (another reason to come to warm up 🙂 )
- The link for State entries is up on the Blog. As promised, we will let you pick your own events for state.
- If you do not have State qual times, but will be available to swim relays, please go ahead and mark that you are available. As with League, we would like to take as many relays as possible, so we need lots of swimmers who are willing to swim at State to sign up!!
- Please sign up by Sunday at 5pm so we can get those entries in on time.